Team Dickwolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends of Dickwolves II

+2
Mike Pickfield
CardboardWitch
6 posters

Go down

Friends of Dickwolves II Empty Friends of Dickwolves II

Post  CardboardWitch Wed May 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Okay, so look, don't get mad okay? I dunno if ya'll noticed but adding people to the forum who are of like mind has produced at least some relevant conversation. I think by being selective we can make this place more worthwhile as a tool to get better; every single person I've invited so far has both something to contribute and the desire to improve.

With that having been noted today I invited Jay Boosh and ScottyMac to join us; I know for a fact both of them are basically in the same place we are as far as competing goes. Scotty in particular builds great decks and has a good mind for Sideboarding; Jay is no-nonsense and will tell you flat out if your deck just won't cut the mustard.

These additions make us stronger; the team is still the team and we aren't adding new members but it would be VERY foolish of us to ignore the imput of friendly people trying to accomplish the exact same thing we are.

Don't worry; I told everyone I invited to keep this on the down-low.

-nina
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

https://teamdw.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Friends of Dickwolves II Empty Re: Friends of Dickwolves II

Post  Mike Pickfield Wed May 09, 2012 5:38 pm

question; If Jay Boosh is going to be able to tell everyone how bad their deck is, what am i supposed to do?
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maelak Wed May 09, 2012 5:39 pm

You can make bad decks like the rest of us. Come on and join the fun!
Maelak
Maelak
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Wed May 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Mike Pickfield wrote:question; If Jay Boosh is going to be able to tell everyone how bad their deck is, what am i supposed to do?

Lol, *I* still need you to tell me how bad my deck's are Mike; I don't trust Jay, he's only recently started playing U/W and could be a mole from TeamRamp! Smile

CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Wed May 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Also, I stupidly posted the link on Twitter so nobody auto-approve ANYONE until you're sure it's Jay and Scott okay? Half expecting some jackass to try and sneak in pretending to be someone famous (Podcasters count as famous right?....right? Smile )
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkEverson Wed May 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Scotty seems like a really stand-up guy and Jay definitely knows his stuff. Nice work getting more solid players into the fold.
MarkEverson
MarkEverson

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Wed May 09, 2012 6:08 pm

MarkEverson wrote:Scotty seems like a really stand-up guy and Jay definitely knows his stuff. Nice work getting more solid players into the fold.

Speaking of "adding to the fold"; I've designed your fake cards just trying to figure out if you're Oros or Junk. Hope you enjoy Smile

-nina
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Friends of Dickwolves II Empty Welcome All

Post  Donman Fong Sat May 12, 2012 3:39 pm

I would like to welcome the guests to the forum.

I am the least experience member of the team and from time to time I come up with really bad decks that will make you roll over and groan.

Don't worry just tell me that it is a pile of garbage. I can take the feedback, this is how I learn and grow as a player. I like asking questions of the inquiring nature. If it annoys you just let me know. I am usually asking because I honestly might not know because of inexperience. I look at things in a Noobie perspective.

I don't know the meta and how things interact sometimes. I am looking to gain knowledge from those who have ample experience to take me on a journey of elightenment. (<- Cheezy - Someone beat me over the head already.)

I also have a personality tick of stating the obvious, please remind me if it gets too annoying.

Thanks,

Don
Donman Fong
Donman Fong

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Sat May 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Lol, as a team-mate I can assure you that Don is being way too hard on himself. He's a durdle but he's not King Durdle and he's getting better all the time lol.

Just for clarity:

TheSam is a friend of mine (oddly enough named Sam) from previous card games and old-school Magic. He's just getting back into Standard but he's a very smart guy and probably one of the people I know who understands the nature of combos best. He also has weird ideas, it's okay, someone has to have them and knowledge is power (yes this is directed at you Don lol Smile ).

MrScottyMac is obviously Scott MacCallum; famous Eh Team Podcaster and lover of rando 27 land decks (be they RUG or Planeswalkers).

Pandafarmer is Pete Lane; someone I know from Twitter who's basically on the same page as we are; he's also currently working on Dromar Superfriends/Solar Flare decks.

PhyrexianCorey is my friend Corey Vangel who I described in the earlier Friends of Dickwolves post.

I've invited a few more people but these are the guys who've shown up so far; in case anyone was confused or curious Smile

-nina

CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandafarmer Mon May 14, 2012 8:33 am

Thanks for the invite guys. I certainly am not going to ruffle any feathers here or start fires. I simply want someplace other than MTGSalvation to work on decks. If you need to clean house and don't find my input gravy enough, no harm, no foul.

I'll be taking Superfriends to GPMN this weekend unless this crazy Miracle Deck idea starts chugging along. I'm a control player at heart and these decks both speak to me on a serious level.

Pandafarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Mon May 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Pandafarmer wrote:Thanks for the invite guys. I certainly am not going to ruffle any feathers here or start fires. I simply want someplace other than MTGSalvation to work on decks. If you need to clean house and don't find my input gravy enough, no harm, no foul.

I'll be taking Superfriends to GPMN this weekend unless this crazy Miracle Deck idea starts chugging along. I'm a control player at heart and these decks both speak to me on a serious level.

Not sure I really understand the first half of this post but from my perspective 2 things:

- not looking to remove anyone at this time; it's not like forum is "too busy" and nobody has done anything that makes testing impossible. Stupid arguments, non productive trolling, general obvious forum violations... nobody is getting kicked out because I don't like their posts/contributions, that seems silly.

- you've post about the deck you know about several times; I don't agree with everything you've said but they were informed opinions and I learned something from that.

I think what I'm trying to say is that nobody is getting kicked "off" the forum unless they do something that would get you kicked off other forums; ie don't post giant gifs of your johnson and we should be fine Smile

-nina
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandafarmer Mon May 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Just that I recognize this is a reasonably private forum, and you didn't have to let any of us "outsiders" in. I've seen how random douchebags can ruin a place like this, esp when you're trying to be constructive.

So my post was more a "thanks for opening this up to others, I've learned a lot myself and hope to be able to contribute more in the future."

Don't worry, no wangs. Smile

Pandafarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down