Team Dickwolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cardboard Witch - What I've Been Doing For the Past Little While

3 posters

Go down

The Cardboard Witch - What I've Been Doing For the Past Little While Empty The Cardboard Witch - What I've Been Doing For the Past Little While

Post  CardboardWitch Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:57 pm

So, writing is going well. I made an appearance on a Podcast and I'm starting to feel a little better. Dunno when I'll be up for traveling for Magic again but soon I guess; would REALLY help if I knew someone with a car who's in the neighborhood on Friday. Anyways I figured I'd drop off some links and tell ya'll that we're drafting again at the Downtown shop; Monday and Thursdays at 8. I'll play and I know a few others itching to do so; generally when I play we fire.

Links:

Newer Stuff including the podcast: Here

Older Stuff you likely missed: here

At this point it seems like this "writer" stuff is working out okay, thanks for reading.

-nina
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

https://teamdw.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

The Cardboard Witch - What I've Been Doing For the Past Little While Empty Re: The Cardboard Witch - What I've Been Doing For the Past Little While

Post  MarkEverson Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Read the BBE article last night very well written I was quite impressed.
MarkEverson
MarkEverson

Back to top Go down

The Cardboard Witch - What I've Been Doing For the Past Little While Empty Re: The Cardboard Witch - What I've Been Doing For the Past Little While

Post  CardboardWitch Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 pm

MarkEverson wrote:Read the BBE article last night very well written I was quite impressed.

Thanks Mark, lol; I guess arguing on Twitter DOES lead to something occasionally Smile

I think I'm getting better to be honest; it's easier to want to work on the articles a little more when you know you'll be defending yourself from dickbags in the comments if you don't Smile

-nina

CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 am

And, a late straggler:

Gatecrash Sideboard Cards
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:01 am

Still not Sold on blind ob, but that was compelling for illness in the ranks
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkEverson Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:26 am

I found argument for blind actually a little better. I could be wrong but I feel like having a 70% for 2 decks is better than a 90% for one in the sb. Don't really feel this as much in other formats but with so many different ways to combo off you sometimes just need to get luck etc
MarkEverson
MarkEverson

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:40 pm

To be honest I think it's going to be a little like Rakdos Charm and DRS. Eventually the THREAT of these cards will push people towards different decks more than the actual application of the cards will. WotC is telling combo players to make a 15 card sideboard of "Counterspells" that all work against specific threats and try to mise them in games 2-3. Eventually math says people will not want to do that because it's hard to win. This seems on purpose to me, they're "printing" all the unfair decks out of the format and using Bans much less aggressively.

-nina
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down