Team Dickwolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putting my Season on blocks

+2
MarkEverson
CardboardWitch
6 posters

Go down

Putting my Season on blocks Empty Putting my Season on blocks

Post  CardboardWitch Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:30 pm

This is a pretty hard post for me to make; the tendency here for me would be to make a joke and just say I'll be fine. Sadly I'm not sure that's true this time; I think I'm pretty sick. It hasn't been a great year for me health wise and I'm kinda in limbo with doctors who don't know what's wrong with me. At this point I'm getting so many conflicting diagnosis/advice that I really don't know what to do next.

I realize that doesn't make any sense in regards to my recent foot problems but looking at the condition of my feet/lower legs I can't help but think the massive swelling/pooling of fluids is related to my already crazy unhealthy blood/immune systems. At this point I think I have to take a more proactive approach to my health or I might legitimately get fucked up permanently waiting around for Doctors to figure out what's wrong.

This probably means dietary and lifestyle changes; I really don't know but it certainly seems like a good place to start. I also think it probably means sitting out some Magic tournaments since the stress/pressure to make it at all costs regardless of my current physical condition doesn't seem to be helping the problem here.

I naturally don't want to stop playing but realistically I'm not sure what choice I really have at this point; even going to a 4-5 round FNM makes me genuinely sick the next day (Saturday). What's more I REALLY need to solve this foot issue; I'm not interested in trying to move around my BF's apartment in a wheelchair right?

I think you guys will be fine without me; everyone on the team has grown exponentially as a player this season and I'm really proud of you guys. Even when you don't win, you're learning; don't forget that okay?

I'll still be around on the forums, I'd still like to practice on Tuesdays if you guys don't mind and I don't mind jamming games on Trice but I just dunno that I'm supposed to be running our for FNMs or PTQs at this point. What's more Don has to work on the Saturday for Kitchener and I know for DAMN sure my BF is going to give me the stink eye if I tell him I'm bussing so I'm not sure I'd even be ABLE to go to this PTQ; even though I think I could win it and have been playing incredible Magic when I'm actually capable of playing. It's sad either way; kinda depressed about it but it is what it is I guess.

Dunno what else to say; sorry? This kinda sucks.

-nina
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

https://teamdw.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Putting my Season on blocks Empty Re: Putting my Season on blocks

Post  MarkEverson Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:30 pm

I am very sorry to hear this Nina but from what you have been saying since I have started coming to the store this sounds like the right call. Hopefully with some down time your condition will improve, but until then hope you stay active and vocal as ever.
-Mark
MarkEverson
MarkEverson

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Yeah, dunno. I mean the way I see it I'm looking at the following changes:

- No more wheat/glutten. Clearly my blood/immune system needs as much help as it can get; the last time this happened to me I quit sugar and my life got a lot better; chemically we're talking about very similar things here.

- No more smoking. Self explainatory really; my lungs are chronically infected. I'm still gonna smoke reefer but I basically have to quit smoking cigarettes again.

- Drop about 30LBS. I have had multiple surgeries on my knees and I've had foot/ankle issues in the past that could have required surgery but I opted for longer recovery/rehab times and no knife. Clearly my feet/ankles/knees aren't thrilled that I've let myself get fat; this is a correctable issue.

- Probably need to cut my coffee intake in half. This will easily be the hardest one.

I figure once those things are accomplished it'll be time to assess my health again; really I have no clue but waiting around for doctors who don't give a shit to tell me what I can do to fix these problems isn't helping so I'm "going my own way" which has historically worked out fine for me.

-nina
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Krevvy Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 am

That sounds like the best overall plan for your health and allow for a faster overall recovery of your feet and immune system. And I will happily play games on trice with you as i watch you cast 1 mana terminus and always having angels arrive at the right time <3. Also really appreciate what you did for me in terms of just getting back into the competitive magic scene with just talking to you about magic/playing games and just your general fire for the game is inspirational.
~Keith

Krevvy

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:48 am

When you are healthy again, I will cook you a nice grass fed organic steak, cause being vegan is no fun.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandafarmer Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Sorry to hear it, but glad that you're taking your health seriously. I'll make an effort to pop up on Trice more often as well. I don't play on it much, but at the very least decks are easy to port in. Pandafarmer on there as well. I usually avoid it because I hate the stupid people raging because I can't figure out how to properly work the dang thing. Razz

Pandafarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:35 pm

I may or may not be craving bread so much right now that I'm prepared to attack a Weston truck and kill the driver just to get some..........

CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:21 pm

I had a feeling this whole 'eating well' thing would result in murder. At least you can plee insanity!

'your honour, I wanted that bread so bad I wasn't in control anymore. I blacked out'

Wait that makes it sound like you're the hulk or something... The super powers are kicking in!
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down