Team Dickwolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy)

Go down

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) Empty The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy)

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:40 am

This is a deck I built a while ago solely to troll legacy tournaments, solely because under certain match-ups they cannot actually kill you.

A walk to remember (yes the name is in the works)

Lands: 19
1 Ancient Tomb
3 City of Traitors
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Great Furnace
3 Glimmervoid
4 Rishadan port

Artifacts: 18
1 Chrome Mox
4 Isochron Scepter
3 Mox Diamond
2 Mox Opal
4 Metalworker
4 Sundial of the Infinite

Instants: 13
1 Beacon of Destruction
2 Counterspell
4 Final Fortune
4 Force of Will
2 Muddle the Mixture

Sorceries: 10
1 Beacon of Tomorrows
2 Fabricate
4 ponder
3 Thoughtcast

Anyways I have yet to make a sideboard and of the few games where I built and played this deck it was quite fun, especially against hive mind and show and tell strangely enough.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) Empty Re: The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy)

Post  TheSam on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:11 pm

That's pretty rockin', I like it. About how much would it cost to put that deck together?

TheSam

Back to top Go down

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) Empty Re: The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy)

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:19 pm

The deck would probably cost between 800~1000 $ to build completely from scratch, sorry, but that's legacy for you.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Have you considered running funcional reprints of final fortune instead of the beacons/muddle? Also WHERES YOUR SPELL PIERCE? NO SPELL PIERCE = BAD DECK
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Spell pierce is the best sideboard card ever in legacy, cause if a deck like food chain is on the play, they drop food chain on turn one and then your spell pierces are dead cards, it's the same thing against delver/ maverick/ goblins/ elves, it's not worth running dead spots in your deck just so you can trounce ANT and sneak and show.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:22 pm

IDE I dunno what you're talking about, spell pierce is always sweet, worst case you pitch it to force
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:00 am

Yeah this deck would probably run 2-3 spell pierces in the sideboard, but because you are running ports in this deck, it's actually better to choke their mana out so they can't cast their 4 drop, over just countering their 4 drop.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:56 am

I'll take your word for it, I wasn't aware that people didn't run pierce in port decks. Maybe my love for spell pierce is clouding my decision making abilities Razz.
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:00 am

Yeah it might be, honestly the sideboard of this deck would probably go as follows

4 x grafdigger's cage
3 x smokestack
2 x tanglewire
2 x muddle the mixture
2 x spell pierce
1 x bonfire of the damned
1 x blue sun's zenith
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSam on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:08 am

To be honest, under $1000 for a legacy deck sounds pretty good if it's competitive. It's cute, I like it.

TheSam

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:13 am

yeah it's competitive, you port them and counter their stuff till like turn 4 or 5, then assemble your combo and cast the beacon of destruction them as many times as you need to, you could replace the beacon with a comet storm or some other X spell and just nug them for lethal.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:28 am

PhyrexianCorey wrote:yeah it's competitive, you port them and counter their stuff till like turn 4 or 5, then assemble your combo and cast the beacon of destruction them as many times as you need to, you could replace the beacon with a comet storm or some other X spell and just nug them for lethal.

Red suns zenith seems liked it would do the same thing but with added utility, then again, spell pierce.
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:30 am

Mike Pickfield wrote:
PhyrexianCorey wrote:yeah it's competitive, you port them and counter their stuff till like turn 4 or 5, then assemble your combo and cast the beacon of destruction them as many times as you need to, you could replace the beacon with a comet storm or some other X spell and just nug them for lethal.

Red suns zenith seems liked it would do the same thing but with added utility, then again, spell pierce.

Pickfield you gotta quit it with the spell pierce, and honestly when you assemble the combo 9/10 your opponent will scoop so the kill spell is really in there solely for semantics.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 am

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) Magic-The-Gathering-Zendikar-Spell-Pierce

But it's so cute! Can we keep it?

(This is a thread titled trolling/savage burns)

EDIT: you can even use my slightly misprinted ones with 5% more magenta ink then normal
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BADROMANCEOHOH on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:05 am

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) 38
BADROMANCEOHOH
BADROMANCEOHOH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:11 am

lol and mental misstep is banned in legacy xD.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 am

BADROMANCEOHOH wrote:The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) 38

Your picture is bigger so your argument is better, I cede
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 am

Since we no longer care about the banned list:

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) Worldg10

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) Animat10

FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-nina

CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

https://teamdw.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:40 am

but this ones blue!
The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) Tinker
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:43 am

lol @ Mike, that card might as well say sac an artifact, put target blightsteel colossus into play, @ nina and then you comet storm or BuSZ for a unfathomably large number.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:55 am

PhyrexianCorey wrote:lol @ Mike, that card might as well say sac an artifact, put target blightsteel colossus into play, @ nina and then you comet storm or BuSZ for a unfathomably large number.

Typically Drain Life; but yes. That deck was just about to be banned the last time I played Type 1; I have never played Legacy but the format seems interesting. Frankly I find ways to stay busy as it is lol

-nina
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

https://teamdw.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 am

CardboardWitch wrote:
PhyrexianCorey wrote:lol @ Mike, that card might as well say sac an artifact, put target blightsteel colossus into play, @ nina and then you comet storm or BuSZ for a unfathomably large number.

Typically Drain Life; but yes. That deck was just about to be banned the last time I played Type 1; I have never played Legacy but the format seems interesting. Frankly I find ways to stay busy as it is lol

-nina

you do know that drain life doesn't work with that interaction right, it's a sorcery and not an instant and thus does not bypass the mandatory action clause of the combo and would result in a draw.

Legacy for the most part is very fun, then again I'm the asshole who goes to a casual tournament and plays U/R stax so my idea of fun may be a little warped.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  BADROMANCEOHOH on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:02 am

gg

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) 48
BADROMANCEOHOH
BADROMANCEOHOH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhyrexianCorey on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:03 am

have I started a let's look at the vintage restricted list post or something?
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:34 pm

The Fun of Trolling a format (legacy) Image

These all get countered by spell pierce btw
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum