Team Dickwolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Name is...Slim Shady? (Introductions/Roll Call)

+4
BADROMANCEOHOH
PhyrexianCorey
Mike Pickfield
CardboardWitch
8 posters

Go down

My Name is...Slim Shady? (Introductions/Roll Call) Empty My Name is...Slim Shady? (Introductions/Roll Call)

Post  CardboardWitch Mon May 14, 2012 1:35 pm

So, this is the thread every forum has where new members can introduce themselves to the forum. Personally I've always found these things to be a huge zoggin waste of time but several people I know who do this sort of thing told me it's a great way to get people talking. I'll go first I guess:

Hello, my name is Nina Illingworth. I'm a gamestore manager from Toronto who's severely addicted to cardboard crack (ie Magic the Gathering). I've been playing the game off and on since Fallen Empires and it's been basically my only hobby for the last two years or so. I'm loud, kinda vulgar but friendly. I'm originally from Detroit and I couldn't give a rats ass how many Canadian teams make the NHL playoffs.

I'm also a Dickwolf; which is the team that spawned the creation of this forum. I have admin rights here but to be fair I let Tommy and Mike do all the technical work because computers hate me and I'm actually a time traveller from 1913, obviously.

-nina
CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

https://teamdw.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

My Name is...Slim Shady? (Introductions/Roll Call) Empty Re: My Name is...Slim Shady? (Introductions/Roll Call)

Post  Mike Pickfield Mon May 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi I'm (username),

I'm the most real dickwolf (self proclaimed).

I have a tendency to be extremely blunt with people, don't take it the wrong way.

Been playing real magic only since caw blade, but I learned fast.

Imma student in Toronto but am in Guelph for the summer, there's no real magic here....

also @mdsbp on the twitter,
YOLO
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

My Name is...Slim Shady? (Introductions/Roll Call) Empty Re: My Name is...Slim Shady? (Introductions/Roll Call)

Post  PhyrexianCorey Mon May 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Hello, my name is Corey Vangel I am a chef and magic player originally from Scarborough, but am currently living in Bradford because the rent is cheap. I've been playing magic off and on since stronghold block and as such have amassed a ridiculous amount of junk rares.

I am a combo/control Mage at heart and thus like to brew obsessively, occasionally I'll build something else, criticism is more than welcome when I do.
PhyrexianCorey
PhyrexianCorey

Back to top Go down

Post  BADROMANCEOHOH Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 pm

sup i'm steve roias

started in m12

broken things are pretty cool
BADROMANCEOHOH
BADROMANCEOHOH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandafarmer Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Hello... Pete Lane aka Pandafarmer. @pandafarmerMTG on Twitter

Minneapolis based, but travel often with my wife about 3-4 times a year. I try to pop into game shops along the way since it's my main hobby. I used to do playtesting work for FFG games here in town (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/) but quit after the owner turned out to be a complete control freak that burns bridges every chance he gets. Still, you'll see my name in the rule books for some of their early classic titles like Arkham Horror, Twilight Emperium, Descent, Doom, World of Warcraft, Android, Call of Cthulhu CCG, and a couple of others.

As for Magic, I've been playing since Revised, quit after Homelands, and jumped back in during Darksteel. I've been a regular on the MTGSalvation Rumor Mill since they first started and haven't liked the direction the new flood of players have taken it over the last year. It used to be a great place to brew and have civil conversations, but now seems like it's filled with Reddit-crazed people who are more interested in insulting your ideas in the coolest way rather than giving ideas and helping foster in a smart way.

I am one of those annoying guys who doesn't get to grind a ton, but when I do get to an event, I show up and end up top 8'ing with some sort of weird brew no one expected. I'm very good at meta calling, and have become a good enough player through the years that I'm able to try weird things and usually do well enough with them because of this. I'm not pro... but I'm slightly above the average for sure. I'd love to mop up at a GP... but only because I did my best with a deck I feel comfortable with (usually control), not because I ran the most obvious deck and lucksacked.

I'm here because I'm looking for other like minded grumps that can give and take criticism without being in the running for cool points in the process. I want to know why my deck stinks, and what I can do to improve. If I disagree... I will say so and usually be able to back it up with experience, not just because it's a KEWL IDEA LOL H8RZ.

Anyway... I'm babbling! Let's get to work!

Pandafarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Maelak Mon May 14, 2012 3:27 pm

My name is Casey Warner. I like long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners and relaxing afternoons spent drinking iced tea on a luxurious veranda. This is my first time on one of these online matchmaking sites and I'm kind of nervous, so don't be too hard on me!

I also have a twitter account that I can be reached at! It's @HeWhoDoesNotKno. I like playing magic the gathering and crushing people with big fat creatures, Martha Stuart says it's a good thing. I've been playing the game for around 6 years but have only started more competitive play in the last two, and I was forced to take a leave of absence for a few months sometime last years. My strong suits are standard and talking to random people at tournaments who I usually want to escape from as fast as possible due to the fact they don't stop talking over a 3 hour block.

I like to give every deck idea a chance as long as it's not obscenely stupid. There usually is an idea that can be worked on in and tuned in the deck that may make it viable and something that people won't see coming. I too am a dickwolf and I plan on sticking with this till the end.

Thanks for accepting my registration at EHarmony, I look forward to meeting lots of young singles in my area!
Maelak
Maelak
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CardboardWitch Mon May 14, 2012 3:29 pm

I think it's safe to say that so far Casey is winning this thread.

Smile

CardboardWitch
CardboardWitch
Admin

https://teamdw.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BADROMANCEOHOH Mon May 14, 2012 3:30 pm

im the most real dickwolf
BADROMANCEOHOH
BADROMANCEOHOH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SethBlack53 Mon May 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi, my name is Seth Black, and I'm an alcoholic... I play competitive M:tg. I prefer Legacy as a format, but will play whatever they tell me to. I have played on and off since Prophecy, but only started playing competitively during Zendikar/Worldwake. I'm a grinder at heart, and recently scored my first PTQ top 8. I also work at the Hairy Tarantula.

My twitter name is @SethBlack53, but I don't tweet that often. I'm havoc2point0 on MODO, but I don't use MODO often either.
SethBlack53
SethBlack53

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield Mon May 14, 2012 3:50 pm

BADROMANCEOHOH wrote:im the most real dickwolf
Do we have to fight now?
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BADROMANCEOHOH Mon May 14, 2012 4:03 pm

you and me

wednesday may 16 2012

9 pm cockatrice

mirage block constructed best of 5

may the best man win
BADROMANCEOHOH
BADROMANCEOHOH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Pickfield Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 pm

BADROMANCEOHOH wrote:you and me

wednesday may 16 2012

9 pm cockatrice

mirage block constructed best of 5

may the best man win
You better be serious cause that sounds awesome.
Mike Pickfield
Mike Pickfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

My Name is...Slim Shady? (Introductions/Roll Call) Empty Sightseeing Lovely Laval

Post  Donman Fong Mon May 14, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm Donman Fong and I'm always lost. I like making left hand turns and going around in circles. I don't think I can find my way out of a paper bag and always need lots of help.

I started playing magic casually in Revised and played until Mirage Block and stopped cold because life got in the way. I started backup when I wandered into Harry T one day and they were about to draft M12. So I got hooked addicted once again. It feels so good to learn from everyone and I am proud to be a Dickwolf. Now where do I sign up for the therapy sessions on Magic Anonymous.

I have been going to Harry T's for years and buying Role Playing Games. Since diving back into Magic there is no room for anything else. Did I type that out loud, I meant there is no time for anything else.

One quirk I have is that I state the obvious and make my teammates groan, but they take it like real Dickwolves because each and everyone of us has are quirks which make each of us unique. That is what make the team fun.

I love brewing up tribal decks and trying them out. I use nutty cards like NIblis of the Urn and Wingcrafter that drive my teammates crazy because they know they are bad cards. But, they let m try them out to see for myself why they are bad cards. This is how I learn through trial and error. I go by feel for the deck and play what I am comfortable with and have fun doing it. I have tried type 2 decks but I am not at the level to pilot them effectively because I still make tons of play mistakes that causes me to loose matches.

I don't mind loosing because that is also how I learn. I don't let it get to me because I like competing but I acknowledge that it is only a game and I just want to have fun along the way.

What I bring to the team is support? A different point of view because I tend to think outside the box. I try things that could get some creative juices going or just make my teammates hurl.

The bottom line is that we have fun as a team on this addictive roller coaster ride called Magic the Gathering.

Don
Donman Fong
Donman Fong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down